Thursday, April 17, 2014

STAMPIN' UP! SPIRAL FLOWERS ORIGINAL DIE MEETS VINTAGE

What a beautiful day in Michigan!!! Today I went to lunch to celebrate my youngest daughter's birthday with her daughters (my granddaughter's) and my great-grandson. So it was a 4-generation lunch, which doesn't happen too often because its very hard to get everybody together.  In honor of the day, I made a special birthday card for my daughter, which I just loved and had a hard time giving it away. My inspiration for the card came from an advertisement featuring a box made with high-end "expensive" product. Well, I couldn't resist making this card to show you how you can get the same design using Stampin' Up! product for a lot less cost (I love doing this when I see pictures using other brands!). So let me know what you think:

Hang on to your seats the product list is long:  Etcetera Designer Series Paper; Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and Calypso Coral Card Stock;  Pool Party and Calypso Coral Core'dinations Card Stock; Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, and Soft Suede Ink Pads and some Markers in those colors; Gently Falling, Dictionary, and Papaya Collage Stamp Sets; Spiral Flower Original Die; Apothecary Accents Framelits; Scallop Tag Topper, Bitty Butterfly, Elegant Butterfly, 1/2" Circle Punches; Victoria Crochet Trim and Burlap Ribbons; Large Pearl; Sanding Block; Sponges; and Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
  
Because of the card depth, I needed a box to hold it instead of an envelope.  So this is what I came up with using the Envelope Punch Board; the same Etcetera Designer Series Paper; Pool Party Core'dinations  and Very Vanilla CardstockSanding BlockLabel Love Stamp Set; Artisan Label Punch; and Deco Labels Framelits
 
I loved how it looked in real life when you opened the box and everything matched -- the biggest reason I love using Stampin' Up! products -- everything matches and we get new "In-Colors" every year as an add-on to the core Stampin' Up! colors.
 
Until next time,
Sandi
"My strength is made perfect in weakness."  --  2 Corinthians 12:9

7 comments:

  1. Love the card. Can I CASE it for a vintage class?
    Thanks for sharing.
    Stasia Todd, I tried using my SU.net account and it won't OK me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stasia! Please feel free to CASE.

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful, I love it! I've been working on vintage cards and they do take some time but everyone adores them. I need to carve some time to get more done. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to make more!
    be well -Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous! I would like to CASE it too, if you don't mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and lots of detail!!

    ReplyDelete