Thursday, October 17, 2013

STAMPIN' UP PUNCH CARDS

What a day it has been!!  It has rained the entire day so it was perfect for stamping.  The only thing, I wasn't expecting to spend an entire half-day making one card!  Only for my family would I spend that much time on a card, and this one is special.  This Sunday is my great-grandson's first birthday so I wanted something very special (as special goes in my dictionary).  The theme of his birthday party is Dr. Seuss, so I decided to mimic the design on his birthday invitations.  WARNING:  This is not the type of card to CASE for a card class!  I did the best I could, but now that it is done I see some things that I would do differently next time.  Lesson learned:  Continue to buy Stampin' Up! stamp sets, as I still can't draw stick figures!!  However, I still get a smile on my face when I look at it so that is all that matters.  Here is Mr. Sam:

Product used (a couple of punches are retired):
Head:  Ornament Punch
Neck:  Modern Label Punch
Ears:  5 Petal Flower Punch
Hat:  Stocking Tag and Small Oval (for brim) Punches
Whiskers:  1 3/4" Circle (Punch twice) Punch
Eyebrows:  1/2" Circle (Punch twice)
White Stripes on Hat:  Cut freehand from Stocking Punched on Whisper White
Eyes & Nose:  Freehand
Bow:  Small Oval Punch
Cardstock and Marker Colors:  Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, & Daffodil Delight

And here is another punch card that will be done at my Christmas Stamp-A-Stack Class.  I thought this was so cute when I saw one done at our monthly RubberQueen's meeting.  Mine doesn't really look like that one, as I didn't have a picture of it when I made mine.  For the class, I punched everything ahead so all they have to do is assemble.

How do you like my socks (I even frayed them so they looked like they are rolled over).  Product:  Top Note Die cut in fourths; Gumball Green and Basic Black Ink; Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper; and Silver Glimmer, Real Red, Gumball Green, and Whisper White Cardstock; Christmas Messages & Fun With Christmas Stamp Sets; Small and Large Tag, Blossom, 1/2" Circle, 1" Circle, 3/4" Circle, and 1 1/4" Circle Punches; Gumball Green Ribbon; Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine' Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder; Glue Dots; and Dimensionals.
These cards are so "out of the box" for me, so let me know what you think.

Until next time,
Sandi
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."  --  Psalm 119:105

6 comments:

  1. do you know the old saying "we are our worst critics!" I think this is meant for you, but, I know how you feel....we always look & re-look, when we finish a project; TFS & I think this is a wonderful card, especially for a 1st. b/d...I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards! Love them Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great cards, Sandi! I really love your Dr. Seuss card. I'm with you in that I can't draw so I stamp but this card shows you do have the ability to draw. Your shading and the facial features are very professional. :o)
    Sue Erickson
    www.soggystamper.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute...What is the base card size?

    ReplyDelete