Saturday, March 30, 2013

STRIKE A POSE!

I am in seventh heaven!!  This past week I have devoted all my crafting time to scrapbooking!!  I decided I better dust off my skills before Ronda Wade's Creative Escape Weekend in 12 days.  Let me tell you, it has been 6 months (at her last Escape weekend) since I have scrapbooked -- and I can tell.

I am working on my granddaughter's album, which was on her 2012 Christmas gift list.  Well, I just started this week but have 18 pages done, so that means I have only about 7-10 more pages to do (depending on how thick my embellishments are, and I love embellishments!!).  She wants the album done for her school graduation open-house.  My daughter, Holly's Mom, goes to retreat with me and she hasn't even started her album; so I'm feeling prettee good right now.

Holly is an artist in her own right and has helped me a lot when I'm doing big projects or just comes over to create.  I really hope she likes her album when I am finished (she intimidates me sometimes, but I know vintage is her favorite).  Here is a two-page layout I finished today:

This is Holly!! Yes, she loves to take pictures of herself to express her moods. You will notice some discontinued product on these pages -- product I saved especially for my scrapbooking!! The discontinued Well-Worn Alphabet and Numbers Stamp Sets on the right page were stamped on vintage muslin material from my mom (Holly's great-grandma). I thought Holly would really like that added touch because she liked my mom and is constantly asking for her stuff.
A close-up of left page. The background was created by cutting strips of the discontinued Everday Enchantment Designer Series Paper, and then sponging the edges with discontinued Charcoal Stain. The large flower brad was also made with vintage muslin fabric using the Fun Flowers Bigz L Big Shot Die and a discontinued Naturals Assortment Brad in the material (colored with black perma-marker).



Close-up of right page.
I hope you like my vintage/shabby chic layout and maybe see some ideas for your pages.

Until next time,
Sandi

"He himself bore our sins in his body upon the cross, so that, free from sin, we might live for righteousness.  By his wounds you have been healed."  --  1 Peter 2:24


5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Sandi! I love the colors and stamp set you used to create these scrapbook pages. I bet your granddaughter loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took so long to view this blog...You did a terrific job with your vintage look. I must say that Holly's photos fit right in with your color choice. Great job. Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Sandi!!!! These are gorgeous!!! And so is your granddaughter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And again......need I say more???? These are amazing pages!!! Wish I had been able to keep more of my retired products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..Sandi.. these are all amazing... tfs.. gives me some ideas what to do with my daughter's pics!!

    ReplyDelete