Sunday, February 12, 2012

STAMPIN' UP: ATTIC BOUTIQUE SUITE!!!

Finally!  Today I can start sharing with you my projects I made for Ronda Wade's Sale-A-Bration (SAB) event yesterday.  Yes, I did crawl to the event; our roads were not plowed and the ones that were plowed were worse because it exposed the ice!!  I think I did get up to 35 mph, and did not give a crap if somebody was following me (which never happened because nobody in their right mind was up that early traveling on the roads).  It was sooooo worth the trip, as I learned tons of new stuff and the other presenters had some really awesome projects.  Ronda's make'n takes were, as usual, so awesome and more projects than she had told us she was doing.  The entire day was super fantastic!

I have a lot of information to give you today, so I'm going to jump right to my tutorial on how I prepared this darling note-card purse.  I had saved a picture of it and asked all my Late Night Stamper friends if they new who had created it.  Nobody new, but I got tons of e-mail asking me how to make it.  I finally found the picture on our Demonstrator Stampin' Connection web site, went to her (Amy Kircher's) blog, but no instructions included.  So, I don't know how Amy made hers but this is how I made the following purse (because there are so many pictures, they all small, please right-click to enlarge in new window):


Side view showing note-card box.
 
Note Card Purse Directions – Sandi Dailey

 Supplies:

            12" x 6" Cardstock
            5 ½" x 7 ½" Matching Cardstock
            2 Pieces of 6" x 4" Designer Series Paper
            4 or 5 Brads
            2 Pieces of 10 ½" of Ribbon
            Adorning Accents Edgelits Die
            Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders
            Simply Scoring Tool
            Big Shot
            Sticky Strip
            Piercing Tool
            Pencil & Ruler

Directions:

    1.        Cut cardstock for purse base at 12" x 6".

    2.        Score at 5 ½" and 6 ½"on 12" length.
 
3.  On the front and back inside of the base put a tic mark ½" in on the top of the center score lines (on the 6" width).

4.  Using ruler, draw a line starting at tic mark up to the top corner edge on all 4 marks and then across the center score lines from back panel tic to front panel.
5.  Cut off pieces where you have drawn the lines (this makes the sides on the front and 
     back of your purse shorter at bottom in “V” shape. 

 6. Use Adorning Accents Edgelit on top and bottom (front and back).

7. Use Adorning Accents Embossing Folder underneath the Edgelit cuts.

8.    Cut 2 pieces of 6" x 4" Designer Series Paper.
9.    Run both pieces through the big shot using the Adorning Accents Edgelits Die on top and bottom.

10.  Adhere Designer Series Paper to the purse on front and back (centering).

and then turn over and trim the sides.
 11.   Attach flower and any other decorations/accesories you might want.

12.  Use Piercing tool to attach the two 10 ½" pieces of ribbon to the top front and back of the purse, using the four brads. (I folded the purse together so I could pierce both sides at the same time so they would line up)
13.   Make card box using 5 ½" x 7 ½" piece of matching card stock.

14.   Score box piece on long side (7 ½") at 1" and 4 ½".

15.  Turn to short side (5 ½") on Simply Scoring Tool and score at 3 ¼" and 4 ¼".

16. Fold on all score lines, using bone folder, and cut just the center score lines up to the 1" scores on sides.

17. Apply Sticky Tape to center 1" flaps so it is on the “outside” of the box; apply more Sticky Tape to “inside”long flaps on top-left and bottom-right of long flap and adhere the sides together.

18.   Use a strip of Sticky Tape at bottom of box and both long sides to adhere box to the inside of your purse (centering).

Center (right and left) on inside center score lines.

Finished note-card purse.
And there you have it!!  Let me know what you think or if you have questions (I'm not the best at giving these written tutorials).  I'm looking forward to showing you lots more pictures from this awesome event.

Until next time,
Sandi
"Though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again. . . ." -- Proverbs 24:16

22 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with the tutorial. It is a wonderful project.
    TFS
    Sheri K

    ReplyDelete
  2. super job with the directions, thanks. Now cannot wait to give it a try. Hope mine turns out half as good as yours. I just love your it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understood it quite well with your directions. GREAT tutorial. Thank you sooo much. Now to go off and make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Patti, I can't wait to make this project. It's lovely!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sandi for a beautiful project and wonderful directions!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was that painters tape holding your edgelit in place?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... what a great job creating this tutorial. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the time you took to do this for your followers! I love everything about your project and your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful tutorial & thank you for sharing; the pictures add so much to the tutorial & whomever's your photographer....give 'em a pat on the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Sandi, this is TOTALLY AWESOME.
    Thank You so much for sharing with us all. I know it takes loads of time to sit by a pc & load all this information in there. You Rock girl !
    I just ordered these dies last night, cant wait to play with them when they arrive.
    Thanks a million.
    Maddie.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your picture tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful, thank you for taking the time to do this tutorial,thanks for sharing
    Eileen from Canada(emcclean@telus.net)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOu are sooo clever! Thanks! We ALL appreciate the time it took for you to share.

    Gail Spence
    Southern Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi, your tutorial is great, adding the pictures helps a lot. I am printing out the tutorial so I can do it later (maybe tomorrow) Just talked to Kathleen and she stayed up all night to complete her card purse. I used my edgelet today for first time.....TFS (Lois)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi tfs your details on how to make your card purse---I love it. I missed everyone Saturday---it was my brother's 25th wedding anniversary and we had a surprise party for him. I can't, can't, can't wait to see all the other great stuff you made for Ronda's gathering---bummed I had to miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi! I'm flattered that you referenced me on your blog!
    I like your version too. Love the DSP paper!

    My purse is quite different in construction - but that's what is so fun about papercrafting - everyone has a different take on it :)

    Amy Kircher

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love love this purse!! Thanks so much for the tutorial too!!! I will be featuring this purse on My Crafty Picks #53 with a link back to your blog on 2-19-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Thanks and take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this purse, thank you for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Sandy! I think you did a great job with your tutorial! Thanks so much for sharing AND for taking the time to write it up and take all the photos! I didn't care for that DSP too much until I saw this and another project! HA!
    I think I LOVE it now!
    SherryBee in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bag. I made one to hold little 3x3 cards and a yummy Starbucks card for our recent women's retreat. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful purse! Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Merci Sandi ! je n'ai pas encore fait le même mais je m'en suis inspiré pour faire une carte d'anniversaire que tu pourras si tu le désires découvrir ici : http://soleildeviecreas.canalblog.com/archives/2014/09/30/30646592.html
    Hi from France - Cathy

    ReplyDelete