Monday, October 10, 2011

FALL WITH SPICE CAKE

I hope you aren't tired of seeing some more of my projects I made for the Creative Convention.  I told you I had a lot, and I still have enough to show for the rest of my posts this month.  Today I am featuring the Spice Cake Product Suite, along with another background stamp.  The weather and colors of this past week make it the perfect product to showcase.  I just can't get into showing Christmas samples until at least the month before Christmas or there is some snow on the ground.  I think too many of us skip over those beautiful Fall days with all the colors (can you tell it is my favorite time of the year).  I have had these projects done for almost two months, so I am totally excited that I can finally show them on my blog.

This circular box was CASEd from the Holiday Mini Catalog, page 19.  I have never made a circular box from scratch before so it was a challenge for me to do the math.  But got lucky on the first try!!  I used Wild Wasabi Card Stock for the base of the box, stamped with the new Parlor Prints Background Stamp in Not Quite Navy Classic Ink.  Accessories included:  Petite Pennants Builder Punch, 3/8" Twill Tape, On Board Merry Medley Chipboard, Antique Brads,  Brass Eyelets (oops, I thought these were still current), Always Thankful Stamp Set, and Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper.

And here are my fabric pumpkins and card box.  I got the pattern for the pumpkins from Martha Stewart'sWEB SITE (actually have had it for over a year, just didn't get done last year).  These were easy peasy to make.  I used the Spice Cake Designer Fabric, Chocolate Chip Baker's Twine to make the veins on the pumpkins, and some Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon.  See below for box supplies.

The box was made using Stampin' Up's new Stampin' Card Keeper.  I covered the entire box with First Edition Speciality Paper, then stamped the Sunflower Background Stamp on tissue paper with Not Quite Navy Classic Ink, ripped around the flower and adhered to the box with SU's Anywhere Glue Stick.  I then sponged around edges, etc. with Soft Suede Classic Ink.  A piece of the Spice Cake Frabic was tied around the lid and bottom of the box, then flowers made with the Sunflower Background Stamp Set (stamped on First Edition Speciality Paper and cut) were adhered.  There is a Spice Cake Designer Button in the middle of one of the flowers that you probably can't see until you click on the picture to enlarge.
I hope we squeeze in one more beautiful day before the rain starts, but either way enjoy your week!!

Blessings to all,
Sandi

"He will be our guide even unto death." -- Psalm 48:14
"Dear Father, may all our partings be filled with Your peace." -- Karen Barber

7 comments:

  1. Sandi your projects are fabulous. I just love, love those pumpkins and your circular box is so cool. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! your pumpkins and sunflowers are so beautiful! I will be casing these for sure! Sounds like your convention was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi, what fabulous projects!! I love, love, love them! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!!

    Hugs ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your ladies are so fortunate to have such a talented demonstrator. I am so amazed at each project. I just love them all!
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sandi, Great photos almost as good as in real life... I am still going to try and make one of those pumpkins when I get home. Will be home next Wednesday late afternoon. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Sandi, your art and crafting is so beautiful! I don;t know how I stumbled upon your blog but I have been blessed! Thanks so much for sharing! Hugs,Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow! All of these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete