Thursday, May 12, 2011

FABULOUS FLORETS AGAIN!!

Yes, Fabulous Florets is my new "in" stamp set for this month.  I can't help it.  I love Stampin' Ups' stamp sets because you get so much all in one package.  This one in particular has two types of stamps in one set:  bold and outline.  Plus you get a sentiment.  I could go on and on about how fabulous the quality, style, and designs are, but most of you that visit my blog already know there is not another brand out there that even comes close to giving you all this, plus keeping the prices below what you pay anywhere else.  I love "win-win" situations!!!

Today I'm going to show you what it is like in my world when I try to come up with a card design -- please don't laugh!  I hate even confessing to how long it takes me after watching my fellow RubberQueens stamp a card in 5 minutes and it's ready to slip in the mail.  The only time I am able to do this is when I am watercoloring with my crayons or doing a vintage card.  However, there just might be a couple of you out there hiding in the closet like me, and I want you to know there is someone else who has a difficult time coming up with a design.  My challenge to you is to come out of the closet and post pictures of your "out-takes."  Yesterday, I sat down and tried making my "out-takes" into some sort of a card.  So here goes:

This is the actual design I ended up swapping at the RubberQueen meeting.  I first did the embossed resist technique using our new Wild Wasabi and Tangerine Tango Embossing Powders, then brayed with Marina Mist Classic Ink.  I then dry embossed using the new Flower Garden Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and then sanded the embossed image using SU's Sanding Block to bring out the Whisper White Card Stock used for this layer.

I fixed this "throw-away" this morning by adding some of the new Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper to cover up my boo-boo on bottom.  I also added the sentiment from the Cute by the Inch Hostess Level I Stamp Set,  and used some Pacific Point Classic Ink on the background.  This ended up being my favorite card (wish I would have thought of doing this for the swap!).
 
I believe this was my 2nd try at trying to figure out what I was going to do for my swap -- didn't like!
 
This was my 1st try -- YIKES!!!  Yep, that is a lot of Tempting Turquoise and Daffodil Delight Classic Ink going on there!!!

This was my 4th try -- which is very similar to final.  I decided I didn't want the sentiment on the card and switched out the Tempting Turquoise for the Marina Mist Classic Ink.

And I can't leave you without showing you this darling treat box/purse Ronda Wade demonstrated at her meeting.  Sorry, Ronda, for cutting off your head; but you would not let me take another picture.  At least I got your beautiful smile!!
So that's it for today.  Enjoy our beautiful weather and have a great weekend!

Until next time,
Sandi
"There is no feat in love, but perfect love casteth out fear. . . ." -- I John 4:18
"Jesus, when I'm afraid, help me submit my fears to Your love." -- Julia Attaway

No comments:

Post a Comment