Tuesday, March 29, 2011

TRY STAMPIN' ON TUESDAY #8: PEACE WITHIN WATERCOLOR

I am writing this post Monday afternoon so I can automatically update my blog at midnight tonight.  Trust me, I WILL NOT be awake past 8 p.m. tonight or up tomorrow morning before 8 a.m.  I am totally walking around like a zombie today, after 3 days of being sleep deprived (my own choice by the way).  Twice a year, I attend my upline's (Ronda Wade) and sideline's (Melissa Roberts) Creative Escape Retreat.  This last weekend was the Spring retreat; thus, the reason for no sleep.  I had so much fun, non-stop, that I didn't even remember to take pictures again!  I am so sorry (Lynn) that I didn't because I had said I would in my last post.  Trust me, there was so much fun going on that taking pictures was the last thing on my mind.  The next retreat will be in October, so if you are in Michigan and want to attend, let me know as ladies were putting deposits down before they left this weekend.  The spots go really fast, so putting a non-refundable deposit of $25 down is really worth it to reserve your spot.

And here it is, the last Try Stampin' On Tuesday challenge for the month of March.  So very hard to believe there are only a few days left before April 1st.  This also means it is the last inspiration card for me that features the Watercolor Wonder Crayons from Stampin' Up.  I have had so much fun trying to improve my watercoloring this month and playing with one of my favorite accessories (crayons).  But it is time to move on and create new and different projects with the other awesome Stampin' Up products.  Here is what I came up with to inspire you for this week's challenge:

Thank you card using the following Stampin' Up Product:  Peace Within and Tiny Tags Stamp Sets; Very Vanilla and Early Espresso Card Stock; Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper; Watercolor Paper; Antique and Vintage Brads; Victoria Crochet Trim; Twine; Distressing Essentials (Precision File and Mahogany Stain);  Watercolor Wonder Crayons: Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, River Rock, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Early Espresso, and Basic Gray.
 
Try Stampin' On Tuesday (CherylAnn Robinson) card sketch for Week #8

Don't forget this is your last week to get in on the drawing for this month's prize.  And to sweeten the pot, CherylAnn will have an additional prize drawing for "followers" of her blog if there are at least 50 followers signed up by the end of the month.  So get on over to Try Stampin' On Tuesday for more details and get in on the fun!!

Happy Tuesday!!
Sandi
"Casting all your care upon him, for he careth for you."  --  I Peter 5:7
"Lord help me to be open to your unconventioinal methods of healing."  --  Roberta Messner

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty Sandi! Another CHIC job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, very serene and calming! I love this card. And your colouring is awesome. Thanks for being a Stampin' Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sandi, your watercolouring skills are fantastic :) I just got some watercolour crayons but have been a little intimidated to try them, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, so pretty! you are a great colour-er!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job Sandi, I love this stamp set. Your coloring is so awesome. Yes, it was a great weekend and I am so looking forward to the next one in October. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful water colouring! I just got the water colour crayons and have yet to pull them out! Maybe its about time:-) Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandi

    Beautiful card! I love the watercoloring and the shabby chic look.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete