Thursday, February 3, 2011

BUILD A BLOSSOM INSPIRATION #2

Wow, the sun is shining today!!  Do you think maybe it is a sign that we will go for a whole day without snow?  Wouldn't that be lovely.  I have to get busy today and do some "organizational" work in my studio, so I decided to procrastinate (as usual) by updating my blog.  I only had about 2 hours sleep last night (that always happens to me when I don't get a nap during the day), so I have to keep moving to stay awake.  Right this moment the only thing that is keeping me awake, as I usually fall asleep when I am on the computer, is the fact that my feet are freezing.  I don't think I have been warm for at least 6 weeks.  So very unlike me.

Okay, I hear you, so I'm going to get right down to business.  Here are some more pictures of my projects I created for Ronda Wade's SAB and Occasions Mini Event last Saturday (remember you can click on the pictures to enlarge for a better view):

I have had this wood frame for quite a while to make a clock, so what better time then to showcase the gorgeous Stampin' Up "Build A Blossom" and "Sense of Time" stamp sets.  Along with the stamp set I used the new "Blossom Petals Extra Large Punch;" "Botanical Gazette" and "Love Letters" Designer Series Papers; "Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim" ribbon; and a "Trinket Key."
 
Very fast and simple card featuring besides the stamp set and punch, the new "Vintage Flower" as an adornment.

Punched the stamped flowers and applied them to Stampin' Ups "White Vellum" card stock that was embossed with the "Vintage Wallpaper" textured impressions embossing folder.

I used the faux silk technique on this card (featured in January's "Stampin' Success" magazine available to demonstrators only).
I hope you enjoyed my projects as much as I did creating them.  I still have lots more to show you, so stop back again.  I also want to add a big thank you to all those that stopped by earlier this week and then took the time to leave me such encouraging comments.  It really means a lot to me.

Sandi
"Cast your burden on the Lord, and he shall sustain you." -- Psalm 55:22

12 comments:

  1. Sandi,
    I am so BLESSED by having you in my group!! Your talents are unmatchable, and I am grateful for all your beautiful projects! Thanks for sharing, and for always being such a highlight at our events.
    Love Always,
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a BEAUTIFUL framed work of art! Such an unusual frame. I'm glad you put it to good use! You are very talented! The colors are amazing. Great showpiece to put on a mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of those very bad people that look at a lot of blogs but don't always leave a comment. I'm sorry but I am out here looking. Thanks for all the fun you give us.


    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the vellum card! Love the colors and the cool way you did the vellum. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you said that you procrastinate about getting things done. On Weds. it took me until about 3:00 in the afternoon to get going on stamping because I knew that I had to clean the table off first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep it up girl, it just keeps getting better all the time.

    First I love love love the clock, you need to make one just like it for me, it is just my colors
    Second fav is the vintage flower, of course black and white are the best together. And this flower set is super and you have displayed them in such an arrangement of ideas that give our imagionations a workout. Like the little tags on the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandi, I am so excited to know that I have actually seen your display in person and it was ALL BEAUTIFUL. My favorite is the vellum card and I can't wait to case it and send it to someone vrey close to us. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandi;

    Your work is so beautiful! I'm going to have to visit your blog frequently to see what you'll come up with next!

    Blessings & Inky Hugs;
    ~Shawnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. All those cards are beautiful! Now to pull my stamp set and punch out to play with! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow the clock is stunning! I found your link on Late Night Stamper's Blog Finds of the Day!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your "simple" card with the adornment. It's simply fabulous. TFS, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete