Tuesday, December 7, 2010

SHOE BOX SWAP

Good Morning America!!

Gosh it's been a long time since I have said that!!  But I feel pretty good as I have gotten a lot accomplished since I last posted.  I think I have completed all my Christmas shopping, but won't know for sure until I have my gifts wrapped (that is a whole story all by itself).  Picked up Avery Labels so I can address my cards, but still have to create them (LOL -- saving the best to last).  Got up and made cookies this morning, then made a Christmas cookie plate with my Decor Elements (if you remember, I already posted 3 of these I made this year but somehow those disappeared when my daughters and grand-daughter where here).  Then, I put together my stuff for Ronda Wade's RubberQueen shoebox swap tonight and created a paper sack pocket pouch for a gift (and that is a whole story of its own too, but suffice it to say I hope my next 4 pocket pouches will turn out better in the sewing department).

Even tho I did a crapy job, I'm going to show you what they look like.  I do like my swap card, but would have liked it better if I would have done more with it.  However, after my 1st shoebox swap, I was instructed to KISS (keep it simple stupid -- I think that is what it stands for???).  Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep something simple -- I bet most of you have this same problem.  Anyway, here they are:

Our theme for the shoebox swap was either Valentine's Day or Birthday cards.  This card can actually be used for Valentine's Day, Sweetheart Day, Anniversary, or just about anything -- very versatile!!  I used Pretty in Pink Craft Ink on the "Lots of Love" Letterpress Plate (debossed on Melon Mambo) and the Rose Pink Fine "Cosmo Glitter" for edging around the embossed punched heart.  My personal goal for the card was to use product that I have never used before that was still current but sitting in my cabinet gathering dust -- for shame!!  I loved working with the fine glitter -- it had been a long time.

And here is my FIRST attempt at making a paper sack pocket pouch.  Hey what can I say, my sewing maching if almost 50 years old and it does crazy things!!  I did think my wrapped gift turned out nice using SU's beautiful "Deck the Hall" designer fabric.  So much easier than using paper!!

Okay, now if I hurry and clean up my mess I will still have time to take a short nap!!!  My reward for staying focused this morning.

Until next time,
Sandi
"I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But, if you focus on God, your family, your friends, the needs of others, your work, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you." -- Source Unknown (but I agree).

1 comment:

  1. I think your swap card is beautiful and more layered than I would have done (the extra bling touches!). I wish I could have seen your pocket pouch in person--how clever!

    ReplyDelete