Sunday, July 25, 2010

CONVENTION IS OVER -- WAAAA!!

Good afternoon all!

Today I got to sleep in!!  Awesome, especially because Lynn and I did not finish eating dinner last night until 12 midnight!!  And then of course, I was up sick last night from eating so late.  Lynn finally just got dressed (3 p.m. Michigan time).  I haven't taken a shower yet, haven't eaten anything yet (3:15 p.m.), and I feel awesome because I am being soooooo lazy.  I do have to start "organizing" and finding out how I am going to get all this stuff I got home -- good thing I brought extra baggage with me as I have so much (don't you just love it). 

Yesterday was another awesome day.  Great demonstrations and classes.  And all 2,800 of us at Convention got a surprise gift from Shelli the last 5 minutes of Convention -- WooHoo!!  We got a package of the new Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper, Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink, Silver Glass Stampin' Glitter, and the new Hostess Level 2 Peaceful Season Stamp Set from the Holiday Mini.  Don't let anybody ever tell you that SU doesn't treat their demonstrators like queens -- we are so blessed.  Lynn and I also went to the Late Night Stampers WOW event last night.  We had 8 presenters show us techniques, product, etc. and I learned so many new tips and things I want to incorporate.  One of the ladies discussed how she did a hands-on workshop for SU's "My Digital Studio."  Out of 23 customer's signing up for the 2-hour class (where each person had their own laptop to actually "play" with the product and complete projects), she had 7-8 people buy MDS and one new recruit (she wanted the package).  She also provided this class to all of her downline first.  And, on top of the wonderful presentations there were tons of prizes given out -- one of the things I won was a brand new Crop-A-Dile, woohoo!!  Anyway, here are some pics I thought you would find interesting:

My roommate for Convention, Lynn Schulz


Lynn's "clean" bed (yes this is clean, and yes she is relaxing after a non-stop week of fun)


My "clean" bed with lots of my goodies (and more stacked next to the bed) -- WHERE AM I GOING TO PUT ALL THIS TO GET IT HOME????????  Well, if all else fails, I'll throw away my clothes as we all know they are not as important.


Swap done by Rachel Durtschi -- isn't this gorgeous!!


Swap done by Carol Payne -- another gorgeous one.


I just loved this -- absolutely awesome IRL, and I don't know who did it because it was one of the swaps Lynn got.  If it is yours, let me know so I can give you credit.


And finally, another card Lynn received that I fell in love with because it is so simple but is a real "WOW" in person.  I will be doing this for sure at my stamp-a-stack but probably using the "new" ornament in the Holiday Mini.

Well, I guess I have procrastinated enough and HAVE TO start packing.  More swap pictures will be coming, just give me a couple of days to unwind when I get home tomorrow night.  Until then, happy stamping to all -- Sandi

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Sandi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi have 5 min. to write...just wanted to let you know I seen this blog. Sure looks like you had a GREAT Time. The swaps are WOW. See you back at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you got some pretty great swaps! I "almost" went to the LNS event, but I WAS SO TIRED. My roomie and I had dinner at the hotel bar (best bacon cheeseburger I've ever had). Were you at the Shilo? I wonder if we chatted and didn't even know? LOL!

    ReplyDelete