Saturday, June 12, 2010

Birthday Bash

Good Morning America!!

It's been a while since I have used my favorite "good morning" greeting, so feeling good because I was up at 4 a.m. today.  I actually didn't crash last night until around 1:30 a.m. (well, guess it was early morning).  I had my Stampin' Up Opportunity Night last night, which I will tell you about in my next post.  I actually got my studio cleaned up after everybody left, and am so glad now that I didn't put it off until today.

Anyway, today I want to share with you my cards I did to celebrate the June birthdays of my grandkid's.  We took both families out for dinner Tuesday, at "Wild Wings" (I think that is what it is called).  This was my first time there, and I was surprised that I actually liked it, and even more so that my husband really liked it (he is not a big chicken fan, and never eats wings). 


This was Emily's card (she turned 19 on June 4).  She had requested a rag purse, in the black and white material like her mom's, and SU's charm bracelet.  So the card matches her purse (black and white).  I'm telling yah, I just love this stamp set.  This card was much more beautiful in person, than this picture depicts (click on the picture to get a better view).

This is Nick's card, who turns 12 on June 14.  I ended up moving the clip to the inside to clip his birthday money to the cardstock and to have the "hugs & kisses" inside because he is not into "mushy" right now (also I knew he was having a friend attend dinner with us and I know enough by now to not embarrass the boys with mushy in front of their friends -- thank goodness they will still hug and kiss me in public).

Have a great weekend in between the rain and thanks for stopping by!! Sandi

6 comments:

  1. The cards are beautiful, as always. Elements of Style is one of my favorites. I can hardly wait to see the new catty and see what else they have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Sandi :) You need more sleep though lol. I can't wait to hear about your SU opportunity night too...hope it was a success!

    xo Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Sandi. Love them both, as always the Elements of Style makes a great card and the black and white is beautiful. The rock star card is very cool, I have to get that stamp cause my son plays guitar and he got an electric guitar for christmas. He so thinks he's a rock star!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very different styles but great ideas love them both. Of course you cannot go wrong with black and white one of my one time great fav's. And I can tell humming birds are one of your favorates also as if I did not know from all the feeders you have and visiting guests at home. And the teen card is just right. I need to get this stamp set and do some for this age group since my grandkids are about to enter that era but I see they are about to retire hope the new book has some good teen ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi,

    I LOVE the way you used the irridescent ice on the flower!! Very cool!! I will have to CASE that one :) Your cards are awesome, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are great, but I like the colourful U Rock card!

    ReplyDelete