Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Vintage Vogue Thanks!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Yes, it's going on the second day of rain -- but, we need it to get our beautiful green grass and trees. And that's not counting the flowers starting to pop out. I'm terribly disappointed in myself for not getting out this last weekend to transplant my perennials. As soon as the rain stops, I don't care what I'm stamping -- I'm outdoors to get this done!!

I know it has been a while since I posted, but I have been busy with many different projects -- just didn't get pictures taken (sorry). Last night was Ronda's RubberQueen monthly demonstrator meeting. As always, I learned lots of new techniques/designs/information. The "hot topic" was Stampin' Ups announcement of our new Color Collection to be released with the new Idea Book and Catalog coming out July 2010. I will have to spend an entire post on this -- so stay tuned for lots of information, exciting new colors, and a list of retiring colors (inks, cardstock, accessories). I am very excited about this because SU is basically retiring the colors I very seldom (if ever) use and coming out with some tantalizing new shades. However, for my customers who did not buy their reinkers when they got their stamp pads: make sure you contact me to get these ASAP to purchase, along with any of the retiring cardstock you might need. Once it is gone -- it's gone forever!! It has been 5 years since we have had a major change in the standard color groups, so we are way overdue for something new.

Along with our beautiful make'n takes from Ronda (I loved all of them and will be using them in my next class), I also swapped some beautiful cards done by some of the other demonstrators. As Ronda said, the ladies are taking it up a notch on the swaps; making it very difficult to pick a winner. I think I would have voted for all of them if we would have been given the chance. Anyway, below is a picture of my swap card. I used two background stamps (Sanded and En Francais) and the Very Vintage wheel on the base of the card (Regal Rose); and sponged Soft Suede around the edges. I used Black StazOn ink to stamp the Very Vintage images on Glossy White cardstock (except for the leaves, Old Olive ink for those). Sponged the entire panel with: Creamy Carmel, Rose Red, Old Olive, and Soft Suede around the edges. The little flower on the Word Window Punch was first stamped with the tiny 2-step flower from Greenhouse Garden on Glossy White and then sponged on Rose Red ink before punching with the Boho Blossoms punch.


This is the card I actually swapped (using Thank You Kindly greeting stamp).

I changed the greeting to Happy Birthday to send to my sister Kathy for her birthday this week.

Inside of my sister's birthday card. I just love this stamp set!!

Thanks for looking and I would love to read your comments!!
Sandi

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your card. So pretty! I love the color combo you have used here, and I really appreciate the step by step on how you got such a lovely finished product. I just got this stamp set in the mail, and your card looks like a perfect way to break it in! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I am slowly coming around to the vintage look.
    I am LOVING the new color renovation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the beautiful birthday card. I just love it. I will be caseing this one for sure in the fucture. I like the vintage look also and all the extra inking and the colors are right up my alley. Good job.

    ReplyDelete