Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

So it's been a little while since I have posted again. Usually I am on vacation this time of year -- going someplace where it is warm. So even tho we didn't go anyplace this year, my body thinks I should be on vacation. Starting Saturday, my unofficial vacation is over, and I will be back full-force. Just so you don't think I have been doing nothing, yesterday I did get at least 20 stamp sets mounted (yes, I'm staying with my wood for a while). Tomorrow I will type labels for about 50 sets. Saturday (or before) I will box up all my Christmas stamps and move my discontinued sets to the discontinued cabinet, then I will have room for all my new rubber!! And before Monday, set date(s) for my January card and scrapbooking classes. Before my classes, I will definately make a decision on storage for all my punches (they have outgrown the drawers) and my Big Shot dies. I pretty much know what I will be doing, it is just hard knowing I will have to put nails into my wall. Of course it will be up to all of you to keep me on track. If you don't see a picture of my new storage space by the January 15; then get on my case!!

Okay, would you like to see my first project using new stamps from the Occasions Mini Catalog? Did I hear somebody say, "No, please tell us more about your TO DO LIST." Okay, I have tons of things on my list: buy a new PC/Laptop for my studio so I can load My Digital Studio that I have had for months; schedule a Home Decor workshop; do my taxes, get new livingroom furniture . . .. And the list goes on. And yes, I will be pennyless by the end of January; but I love living on the edge!! Now are you ready to see something??????????

Whether you are or not, I'm tired of typing so here it is (sorry, only one card today). Today is my husband's birthday, so of course he needed a card. This is a card to remind him of what I looked like when we got married (poor guy):



SUPPLIES:
Stamp Sets:  Tote-ally Tess, Well Scripted, & A Little Bit of Everything Incentive Stamp
Paper:  To The Nines Designer Series Paper, Sage Shadow and Whisper White cardstock
Accessories:  Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Sending Love Brad, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, and Scallop Trim Corner Punch and Photo Corners Punch.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Sandi

7 comments:

  1. I love that card. And your "to do" list. I've got one almost as long and been wondering how to get it organized. Maybe I'll just write everything on seperate slips of paper and just keep drawing one out until they're done. Only they're never done. You clean the house all up and two weeks later you have to do it all again. Oh heck, I'll just let it go and enjoy my trip to Arizona. Wish you were going.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi - I love how you used Totally Tess; I just might have to get this set now whereas before I didn't think I needed it. You have no idea (or maybe you do) how many times I don't care for a set and think I won;t be getting it. And then see something wonderful made with it and just have to have it. Ronda and a lot of the Rubber Queens have done that to me more times than I can even count. Have a Blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said on the phone super job really like this card. You did a very good job on your shading on the pants and face. Gary will really like this card. I am sure it will bring back memories of when you were first married and how you looked then and used to make his birthday surprise with a happy smile on your face :) Did he get his treat this year? Was he a good Boy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sandi, How come you have my photo on Gary's card???? I always tell my kids that is how I looked before I got sick. ROFL Gtreat job on the card & I hope Gary got his surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi, love the card. The way you used the new punch is fabulous. I keep saying I don't need this set and then I see something great using it and it's back on my list. Stop It!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed this card! So stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Once again, I like your choice of colors and design.

    ReplyDelete