Sunday, December 6, 2009

Iris Folding

Oh my gosh, did we every have an awesome day yesterday at Ronda's all-day Technique Event.  I'm telling yah, I don't thing I have seen so many talented ladies in one room.  I learned so many new techniques, and new tips/tricks on some I had already tried.  We had a new place for the event, with so much room and tables that we could sit at (instead of just chairs) so we could listen, take notes, eat lunch, and visit.  And of course this enabled me to do a lot of "listening" while my co-hearts were talking when Ronda was presenting.  And then, of course, I got all the blame for it, and was threatened with being moved to a corner by myself (just like it was in school and at my jobs later).  I don't know why people think I am the instigator, especially yesterday when Sandy Haynes and Lynn Schultz were doing all the talking -- I was just laughing, geeeez.  Anyway, you don't want to here about my problems.  You came here to see pictures!!  Yes, I took a lot but the lighting didn't like my camera so much, so I will show you some of my Iris Folding Technique projects off and on the next couple of weeks along with some of beautiful projects the other presenters designed for their assigned technique.  You will be ooohed and awed by their designs, so make sure you check back often for updates to my blog. 

These pictures are of my chipboard Calendar book (using the Calendar Kit).  I used SU's long chipboard (cut to 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" and glued Bella Bleu Designer Paper on the back and insides of chipboard.  I also used the Bella Bleu for my Iris Folding.  I glued Basic Gray cardstock on the front panel and made the frame by cutting an X in the center of a piece of Bella Bleu DSP and then folding the paper behind the outside frame (showing the reverse side of DSP).  The "Pocket Flowers" set was stamped in StazOn and Embossed with Winter White EP.  I made my own Iris Folding templates to fit the Small Tag and Ornament Punches.  I cut a piece of SU's Thick Window Sheet to cover the front cover (using the large pewter eyelets to hold it on).  I did this to protect the Iris Folds, as I plan on using this book again after I use it for my calendar next year.  I tried to stay with an antique theme for my pages (keeping the same look as the Calendar Kit), and using the Soft Suede as the main color for my ink.


Front Cover (sorry for the glare from the lights on the Window Sheet)


Used "Mark the Date" & "From the Kitchen Of" stamps on all pages for notes.







I made this card using the "Vintage Ornaments I" Definitely Decoratve Stencil for the base of my template (just cut off top and bottom).  Stamped with the "Embrace Life" set.  For my Iris paper I brayed the Bride Speciality Designer Paper (DSP) with Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Night of Navy, and Always Artichoke (I think) and wiped with tissue to reveal DSP design.  Tamie Ackerson did her presentation on this technique (I will show you more of her designs later).

Stop by later this week for more Techniques!!
Sandi

4 comments:

  1. I didn't tell you yesterday but I love your calendar. You always have things decorated so beautifully. It was a great day and I'm sorry that you were the only one threatened to be banned to the corner. Your reputation must have preceded you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 7. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful, awsume, WOW. Love them! What else can I say but need to case this one for sure. Great job Sandi. Oh ya, now I am really sorry I did not go, would of been worth every penny just to see you IN THE CORNER!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sandi! Your calendar is absolutely gorgeous! Sorry about the lack of comment love. Things have slowed down for me at the moment. No more dance, no more school! I now have more time to play!
    Kirsty xx

    ReplyDelete