Wednesday, October 28, 2009

MALE BIRTHDAY CARD CHALLENGE

Today I gave myself a challenge.  What was my challenge?  To create a male birthday card -- male cards are always a challenge for me.  This Sunday is my grandson's 21st birthday, so it isn't like I can do the cutsy animal cards or Build-A-Bear (darn, would have loved doing one of those).  I actually had to dig into my discontinued Stampin' Up stamps to pull out this one from a last year's mini catalog (Man's Best Friend???).  I don't know the name of the set because I am upstairs and my studio is downstairs -- and I'm too lazy to go look it up -- LOL.  But I'm sure all of you recognize the set.  I decided to post a picture of it even tho it is discontinued because the layout can be cased -- just change the image.  I actually had fun doing this once I got started and decided what I was going to do.  Without further ado, here it is:




I used "To the Nines" Speciality Designer Paper (love this for that masculine look), with the "Sanded" background stamped in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink on the Sage Shadow card base.  I used the Clear Circle Bigz Die for the large circle and layered with the watercolor paper smaller circle and image.  The image was colored with SU's Watercolor Crayons and Water Pen.  The Ribbon is also discontinued, but trim matched perfectly with the Sage Shadow card stock base and designer paper.  That is probably the thing I love the most about Stampin' Up:  their 48 main colors.  No matter if the product is discontinued, it will still match perfectly with the newest Designer Series Paper or other products.  Oops, almost forgot -- yes, that is some hodgepodge hardware on the ribbon and a Very Vanilla Jumbo Brad (smaller one). 

I hope you liked my "Male" card, next post I will be showing you what I made for the WOW table at our RubberQueen meeting next week!!
Sandi

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you are making for the meeting!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft, worn look of this -- gorgeous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card for Blake. I cannot believe he is 21! But the card fits perfect not to young not to old. Color choices good and like the use of the circles nice layout. With the sad look of the puppy on the outside I sure hope you put on the inside "Happy Birthday but sure wish you were closer to home".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card. Can't wait to see what you have for the WOW table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great guys card and I love the worn look. I really enjoy visiting your site, Sandi. You have such wonderful cards and ideas. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. I love that stamp, I use it a lot

    ReplyDelete