Friday, July 10, 2009

Time to Razzle Dazzle Again!

This is one of my cards for my card class tomorrow. I had a request for some sympathy cards by one of my customers. I really like it when my customers call and tell me what kind of cards they would like -- I just wish my DH could be trained to tell me what he would like for dinner. Life would be so much simpler.

Anyway, this card is very simple (my type it seems like anymore), but still elegant. I used the new "Razzle Dazzle" stamp set, inked with Basic Black, on Very Vanilla card stock. Then tapped a little Basic Black ink on the background with my stipple brush to give a little texture. The base of the card is Kraft card stock, with Bella Blue designer paper. I know you won't believe this, but I still have a lot of my Stampin' Up Organza Ribbon left from 3-4 years back when we had a wide variety of SU colors available in the organza. I felt this card needed Black Organza, just because I associate it with Sympathy cards for some reason. So pulled it out, punched a couple of holes and tied the bow, then heated a tiny bit to curl the ribbon. The Sympathy sentiment is from one of my favorite sets, "Close as a Memory." I'm so glad it came off the dormant list.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back with more soon!!
Sandi

3 comments:

  1. Very Elegant. Anyone would feel very well thought of if they recieved this card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. The Razzle Dazzle set is a great one and I hadn't thought of using it for a sympathy card. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed making this card. It's not to busy on the cover as well.

    ReplyDelete